Group Study Room Guidelines
Group Study Rooms 211 and 212 are available beginning at 5 pm Monday - Thursday and during normal Library hours on the weekends. They may be booked online up to 4 weeks in advance and are also available on a first-come, first-served basis. These rooms do not have a TV/monitor. Rooms must be checked out from the Circulation Desk.
- Check-outs will be for 2-hour blocks; rooms can be renewed if no one else has put a hold on the room.
- Reserved rooms will be held for 15 minutes after the reserved time, after that time the reservation will be canceled.
- Group Study Rooms are only available to current Capital University Main Campus students with a valid Capital University ID. Rooms are not available to Faculty, Staff, Alumni, OhioLINK, or Courtesy Card patrons.
- Group Study Rooms are only available during the hours that the Library is open; rooms will be locked during the 24-hour access period.
- All rooms must be vacated 15 minutes before closing.
- Rooms are not sound-proof. Please keep noise down.
- All Group Study Room use is at the discretion of the library staff. If it is deemed that a group is using the space inappropriately and/or disturbing others, they may be asked to leave.
Group Study Room Fines
Fines will be assessed on overdue Group Study Rooms as follows:
- $5 up to one hour overdue, +$20 past one hour overdue.
- There is a 15 min grace period before the $5 fine.
|Time Room Returned||Fine Amount|
|1-14 minutes overdue||$0|
|15-59 minutes overdue||$5|
|60+ minutes overdue||$25|
These fines are considered “overdue” fines, and as such will not be waived once the room (and the corresponding Cat’s Meow) has been returned.
Use our online tool to book study rooms in the Library.